COlorful & abundant beet kale salad.This Beet Kale Salad is vibrant, nutritious, and features delicious and healthy ingredients including beets, pomegranate, walnuts, farro, and kale. This nutrient packed Beet Kale Salad is paired with an ultra flavorful Raspberry Vinaigrette that can be prepared in just minutes.
How to Make a Beet Kale Salad:
Colorful & Flavorful Rainbow Ingredients
- Pomegranate Seeds.
- Gigante Beans.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette.
The Power of Beets
Beets have been an incredible addition to my diet – not only are they chameleons (they can be transformed in so many ways!) they provide a ton of nutritional benefits including:
- Hemoglobin Formation. Women have a higher tendency to be low in iron which can result in anemia. Iron is found in your body’s red blood cells (hemoglobins) so if you’re low in hemoglobins, you will be low in iron. Beet juice helps form more hemoglobins which increases the iron in your body which is key in defeating anemia.
- Carries Oxygen. I like to drink beet juice prior to working out as it increases oxygen capacity (beets raise nitric oxide in the body), increases blood flow, and improves muscle function.
- High Amount of Nutrients with Few Calories. Beets are a great weight loss food as they contain tons of nutrients including protein, vitamin C, iron, folate, manganese, potassium, fiber, and magnesium.
- Improved Digestion. Beets have a good amount of fiber which helps aid in digestion. Fiber goes directly to your colon rather than heading to your digestion system first which helps with constipation.
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender. Blend until fully combined and ultra smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a jar or squeeze bottle. Store in the fridge for up 2-3 weeks!
Beet Kale Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 cups Kale
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Precooked Beets, chopped I used the precooked option from Love Beets Organic
- 1 cup Cooked Farro
- 1/2 cup Gigante Beans I used the canned version from Trader Joe's. Alternatively you can use large Butter Beans.
- 1 cup Raspberries I used frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Prepare your salad ingredients - wash and chop the kale, wash the arugula, roughly chop the walnuts, chop the beets, and cook the farro.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a high speed blender and blend for about a minute or until smooth and creamy. Add to a jar or squeeze bottle. It should last about 2-3 weeks.
- Add the kale and arugula to a large bowl. Toss with dressing (amount is up to you) and use your hands to massage it in. This will help soften the kale.
- Add in the remaining ingredients then add another drizzle of dressing. Toss to combine and enjoy!