TOMATO SOUP WITH A TWIST.
How to Make Acorn Squash Tomato Soup:
Acorn Squash Tomato Soup Ingredients:
This cozy and super easy to make Acorn Squash Tomato Soup is made with fresh produce including a acorn squash and a medley of tomatoes. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this recipe:
- Acorn Squash.
- Heirloom Tomatoes.
- Campari Tomatoes.
- Cherry Tomatoes.
- Acorn Squash.
- Vegetable Broth.
- Coconut Milk.
- Coconut Sugar.
- Salt & Pepper.
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Soup:
This recipe is incredibly simple – simply roast your veggies, blend, and enjoy. Here are some tips to make the absolute best and most delicious soup possible:
- Make sure your oven is fully heated before adding the veg inside.
- Wait for your roasted veggies to cool before adding to the blender. If they’re too hot you may damage your blender.
- You’ll need a large blender cup (I used one with an 8 cup capacity) otherwise the ingredients won’t fit. If you don’t have a large blender cup, simply blend in 2 or 3 rounds.
Still confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What’s a substitute for acorn squash?
Any type of squash will work for this recipe – you can even use potatoes! 1/2 a peeled butternut squash or about 2 peeled sweet potatoes would be a great substitute.
2. Can the squash be removed entirely?
If you don’t want squash in your soup, or are hoping for a thinner texture, remove the acorn squash completely and sub it for 2 or 3 more tomatoes.
3. Does this last in the fridge?
Yes! This soup lasts about 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat, add the desired amount into a saucepan and heat for a few minutes stirring often.
Acorn Squash Tomato Soup
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Campari Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Acorn Squash, roughly peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 White Onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 head Garlic
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth if it's too thick add another 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 20 minutes
- 5 Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add olive oil to a baking dish and add in the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with more olive oil and salt & pepper. Bake for about 40 min.
- Meanwhile add the cashews to a bowl and submerge in boiling water.
- After 40 min remove the roasted veg from the oven and let cool. Add to a large blender with the basil leaves, vegetable broth, coconut milk, soaked cashews (drain them first), sugar, and additional salt & pepper. The garlic should be soft enough to squeeze the cloves out, then discard the skin. Start on a low speed then gradually turn it up until the soup is extremely smooth. Should only take a minute or 2.
- Divide into bowls and optionally add a drizzle of coconut milk and salt & pepper on top of each portion.