cheesy pumpkin lasagna in soup form.
Craving cheesy lasagna but don’t want to go to the trouble of preparing and baking lasagna? Try this super easy Pumpkin Bean Lasagna Soup. This recipe only requires one pot – just add your vegan ingredients one by one and enjoy! This soup is hearty, savory, and nutrient rich. Just a small portion will keep you fueled and satisfied for hours. Run to your kitchen to go try for yourself!
How to Make Pumpkin Bean Lasagna:
Lasagna in Soup Form
Lasagna isn’t the most basic dish, but it is so delicious and a classic cozy dinnertime meal for the whole family. Luckily, you can get those same flavors and satisfaction from the soup version. The best part is it’s SO easy – just add your ingredients to a pot and stir.
Here are all of the delicious vegan ingredients:
- Onions & Garlic
- Pumpkin Puree
- White Beans
- Black Beans
- Lasagna Noodles
- Coconut Milk
- Vegetable Broth
- Vegan Shredded Cheese
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Fresh Herbs (I’m not a fan of dried herbs – fresh herbs have SO much more flavor and nutrients)
- Crispy Sage
Perfect Soup for Beginners
New to cooking? Soups like this are great for beginners and make cooking at home a breeze. Plus, this recipe makes a large portion ideal for storing leftovers in the fridge. If you are planning on storing leftovers, note that it thickens in the fridge. When time to serve again add more vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time until you’re satisfied with the texture.
Here’s the simple cooking process:
- Add diced onions, minced garlic, and chopped herbs to an oiled pot.
- Add in the pumpkin puree.
- Add in the beans, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and vegan cheeses.
- Add in the lasagna noodles.
- Plate and top with crispy sage and optional arugula sprouts.
Whether you’re a pro chef or a beginner, this soup seriously so easy for all levels. If you are just cooking for 1, still cook the full portion and store the leftovers in a jar so you can eat it throughout the week.
Being certified in plant based nutrition, it is important to me to create recipes with ingredients picked mindfully. You will not find any ultra processed ingredients here! Refer to the ingredient list to see which exact ingredients I used in this soup. This soup is HEARTY and a little goes a long way. Because it’s packed with so many nutrients from the beans, pumpkin, and fresh herbs, a small amount of this soup will truly keep you full and energized for hours. Keep the leftovers stored in the fridge (make sure to let cool completely before covering it and adding to the fridge) and heat yourself up a bowl for lunch or dinner. Keep in mind this soup is thick, so when reheating you’ll likely need to add more vegetable broth to loosen it up.
Pumpkin Bean Lasagna Soup
- 1 small white onion
- 4-6 minced garlic cloves
- 3 large basil leaves
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 8 strips lasagna
- 6 sage leaves
- arugula sprouts optional topping
- Lastly, add in your lasagna. Take 8 strips of lasagna broken into thirds and carefully stir them into the soup. Stir occasionally and try to keep the lasagna immersed so it cooks evenly.
- Once the lasagna is cooked throughout (be patient) remove from heat. Plate with crispy sage (pan fry in oil until crispy) and enjoy! Feel free to also add arugula sprouts for even more flavor. Store the rest in the fridge once cooled.