Delicious and easy to prepare Lemon Pepper Tofu Bowl inspired by Rabbit and Wolves. This bowl is packed with a ton of flavor and nutrients, yet is so incredibly easy to prepare. I used Trader Joe’s High Protein Tofu and Breadless Crumbs from Longeve.
Easy Meal Prep
If you don’t work from home (or even if you do!), I highly recommend prepping your meals. Pros in meal prepping:
- Avoid processed foods. If you don’t have healthy meals ready, it’s likely you’ll gravitate towards the most convenient option, which is also likely the unhealthy option.
- Saves money. Eating out adds up!
- Saves time. Having to cook/prep each meal every single day is tiring and time consuming. Banging it out in a day (or every 3 days) saves a ton of time in the long run.
This salad is well rounded nutrient wise, but specifically packed with healthy fats including:
- Quinoa. Carbs are an essential in any diet, specifically for keeping your brain healthy and your mind clear. Quinoa is packed with disease fighting nutrients as well as fiber which promotes a healthy digestion system.
- Tofu. Tofu is a great source of protein on a vegan diet. I used Trader Joe’s High Protein tofu which contains 14g of protein in just 1/5 of the container. Tofu gets a bad rap due to the fact they contain soy, but they are a perfectly healthy addition to any diet.
- Greens. You can add any greens here, but I found the combo of green beans and peas went great with lemon pepper flavors. Together they are packed with nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, and omega-3’s.
Lemon Pepper Tofu
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 - 1.5 cup water
- 1/4 block super firm tofu I used Trader Joe's high protein tofu
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs I used Longeve's Plain Breadless Crumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 sprig thyme
- cook quinoa in water with a pinch of salt. start with 1 cup of water, and increase to 1.5 if quinoa isn't fluffy enough.
- cut tofu into blocks and squeeze lemon juice into a shallow dish. on a plate add the nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, pepper, and sea salt and mix to combine.
- dip tofu into the lemon juice then into the crumbs mixture. make sure to coat each side of the tofu and set aside. when you've coated all of the tofu cubes, cook in your air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. if you don't have an air fryer, you can use a regular oven. after 10 minutes flip tofu.
- sautee green beans and peas with a drop of avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt. cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- sprinkle rosemary on top and serve with a lemon wedge.