All your daily greens in a quick shot.
These daily greens shots are for those of you who need a quick way to get in essential vitamins and minerals without having to eat a whole bunch of vegetables. Simply blend the nutrient rich ingredients, strain the liquid, and start chugging!
How to Make Daily Greens Shots:
Daily Greens Shots Ingredients:
These ultra healthy Daily Greens Shots are flooded with nutrients from greens like wheatgrass, kale, chlorophyll, spirulina, and more. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making the Green Shots:
This recipe is intended for those who don’t have a juicer (or don’t feel like bringing theirs out and cleaning it!) If you have a juicer, you can feel free to use that instead. Here are some tips to make the absolute best and most nutrient dense green shots possible:
- Wash all of your produce really well. Even if it’s organic, it’s important to clean everything.
- Gather all of the right ingredients and tools. You’ll need a mesh strainer, glass shot bottles, and any ingredients you need to order in advance online (CHLOROPHYLL DROPS and SPIRULINA may be harder to find.)
Still confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. Can I have this as a regular juice instead of shots?
Yes! I often divide this recipe into two large juices which is totally safe to consume. You’ll get a really nice dose of vitamins and minerals.
2. What are the side effects of eating dark leafy greens?
Incorporating dark leafy greens regularly into your diet has a TON of benefits including boosting the immune system (I rarely get sick!), boosted brain function and energy, a healthy digestion, clear skin, healthy hair and nails, etc. The list goes on and on! Scientific research backs up that dark greens are INCREDIBLY beneficial to overall health. Of course they’re not magical, and you should be eating a relatively healthy diet coupled with greens.
3. How often should you eat dark greens?
Dark greens can and should be consumed daily. They contain a wealth of important nutrients such as fiber, folate, carotenoids, vitamins, minerals, and more. I take 2 or three shots a day.
Daily Greens Shots
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 tbsp Spirulina
- 2 oz Wheatgrass
- 2 tbsp Chlorophyll Drops
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 1 thumb Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Dino Kale Leaves
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1 Whole Lemon
- 500 ml Coconut Water can sub for filtered water
- Make sure to wash all of your produce well prior to adding to your blender. If you're using any non-organic produce, wash extremely well to remove any potential pesticides.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large blender. You may have to do two rounds if you only have a small blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the liquid into a large mixing bowl through a mesh strainer. Use the back of the spoon to press as much liquid through the strainer as possible. Add the pulp to an ice cube mold and store in the freezer - you can use the cubes in smoothies for a hit of greens!
- Divide the liquid between shot glasses. This recipe yields about 550ml of liquid which fits about 8 and 1/2 2oz shot glasses. Store in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days. If you don't think you'll consume it all, save leftovers in the freezer.
- I recommend taking TWO shots per day.