High protein Cake for Breakfast.
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats have all of the delicious flavors from carrot cake, but are in healthy oatmeal form! This high protein breakfast recipe is incredibly easy, convenient, and is the perfect way to start your morning during cozy season. Enjoy it as a nourishing breakfast, sweet treat, or even dessert! The simple carrot cake spiced ingredients are mixed together in minutes and require zero cooking. Let the oats soak up in the fridge tonight, and enjoy them first thing tomorrow morning!
How to Make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats:
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Ingredients:
Carrot cake and cozy season go hand in hand. This overnight oats recipe encapsulates cozy season with deliciously spiced carrot cake flavors that feel like pure comfort in a bowl. Plus, it has a TON of health benefits and added protein. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this vegan overnight oats recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Overnight Oats:
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are so easy to make – just throw everything into a glass container, whisk until smooth, and let sit overnight! Here are some tips to make the absolute best overnight oats possible:
- I recommend using soy milk. It’s creamier than other milks which helps to achieve a thicker texture. My absolute favorite brand is EDENSOY. 1 cup contains 12g of protein!
- Make this the day or night before you want to enjoy it. It needs a minimum of 6 hours to thicken!
- This recipe is intended for 3 small portions, or for 2 slightly larger portions. If you think you’ll want more, simply double or triple the recipe.
- You can remove the pumpkin puree if you’d like, just replace it with more yogurt. Pumpkin is not traditionally present in carrot cake, but in the theme of cozy season, it is a delicously fun twist on a classic!
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What are the benefits of overnight oats?
Overnight oats have many incredible benefits. They provide sustainable energy, aid in recovery, and satiate your body. Oats with added protein are great for athletes due to oats natural minerals which help to build muscle. They also help to relieve cramping and can speed up recovery post workout.
2. Is this recipe actually healthy?
This Carrot Cake Overnight Oats recipe is a perfectly healthy breakfast option. Oats satiate your body, keep you full for hours, and provide energy. This recipe also contains a plant-based protein powder to help your body meet it’s required protein intake. This is a filling, nutritious, high protein breakfast.
3. Is it okay to have overnight oats every morning?
While overnight oats are very healthy and have great benefits, it’s important to consume everything in moderation. To reach optimal health, it’s key to consume a variety of foods and mix things up. If you eat the same food items daily you may grow intolerant to certain foods. Consuming overnight oats 3-4 times a week should be fine. This recipe is a wonderful meal prep option to have on hand throughout the week.
4. How long does this recipe last?
I keep my overnight oats stored in the fridge no longer than 5 days. It’s important to eat your food as fresh as possible in order to intake the most nutrients possible. You can freeze this recipe if you want to keep it stored longer, it could last up to 6 months.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Plant Based Yogurt I love Culina, Forager, Kite Hill, and Siggi's.
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree If you don't have any on hand, substitute with another 2 tbsp of yogurt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup Can sub with agave
- 2 cups Plant Based Milk
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Medium Carrot, grated
- Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Carrot, grated
- Almond Butter
- Add all of the overnight oats ingredients to an airtight container. Whisk well until smooth. Store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Divide the overnight oats between 3-4 servings and enjoy with the toppings. The oats will stay good in the fridge for about 5 days.