energize and satiate your body.
Creamy and high protein Matcha Spirulina Chia Pudding made with minimal healthy ingredients. This nutritious treat is loaded with superfoods, delicious flavors, and a beautiful green hue. This vibrant chia pudding can be enjoyed as a nourishing breakfast or quick pick me-up-snack when you need a boost of energy or increase of protein. You will absolutely LOVE this superfood packed treat that only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
How to Make Matcha Spirulina Chia Pudding:
Matcha Spirulina Chia Pudding Ingredients:
I’ve tried various chia pudding recipes, and this method results in the creamiest, most delicious chia pudding out there. The secret ingredients are yogurt and protein powder -together they add the perfect amount of creaminess. Simply whisk your ingredients then let it settle in the fridge where the chia seeds will expand to form a pudding like texture. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this healthy and delicious chia pudding recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Chia Pudding:
This Matcha Spirulina Chia Pudding is so easy to make – just throw everything into a glass container, whisk until smooth, and let sit overnight! Here are some tips to make the absolute best chia pudding possible:
- Don’t skip the yogurt! You technically can make chia pudding without it, but it’ll be difficult to achieve a creamy texture. My ratio per 2 tbsp of chia seeds is 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Make this the day or night before you want to enjoy it. It needs a minimum of 6 hours to thicken!
- Whisk the liquids first before you add the powders and chia seeds.
- This recipe is for 3 small portions, or 2 slightly larger portions. If you think you’ll want more, simply double or triple the recipe.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What are the benefits of chia pudding?
Chia pudding has many incredible benefits, mainly improving digestion due to the high fiber content. When you allow the chia seeds to soak up the liquid and expand, they take on a gel like consistency helping waste and toxins pass through your system. In a few words, they are great at easing constipation and improving the gut lining. Due to this and the amount of nutrients packed into a small amount, chia seeds are considered a superfood!
2. What exactly is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a superfood that comes from blue-green algae. Blue green algae has 2 compounds, chlorophyll and phycocyanin. Spirulina comes from chlorophyll. Spirulina is an excellent source of nutrients including plant protein. Just 1 tablespoon of spirulina contains 4 grams of protein!
3. What are the benefits of Matcha?
Matcha is a green tea powder that provides sustainable energy. Unlike coffee, matcha provides energy that comes on slowly. Coffee hits you at once which can cause anxiety, jitters, and an eventual crash. Matcha provides your body energy without traditional caffeine side effects. Matcha is rich in antioxidants and is considered a superfood! Some of the benefits include enhanced brain function, prevented disease, and increased heart health.
4. Is it okay to have chia pudding every morning?
While chia pudding is very healthy and has great benefits, it’s important to consume everything in moderation. To reach optimal health, it’s important to consume a variety of foods and mix things up. If you eat the same foods daily you may grow intolerant to certain foods. Consuming chia pudding 3-4 a week should be fine.
Matcha Spirulina Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Plant-Based Milk I use Edensoy Soy Milk which contains 12g protein per cup!
- 1/2 cup Plant-Based Yogurt I use Siggi's Plant-Based peach flavored yogurt
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 tbsp Spirulina
- Sliced Kiwi
- Hemp Seeds
- To a large bowl or glass container add the plant-based milk, plant-based yogurt, matcha powder, spirulina, and maple syrup. Whisk until there are no more clumps then stir in the chia seeds.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours then enjoy with whatever toppings you’d like! My favorites for this chia pudding blend are sliced kiwi, hemp seeds, and granola.
- For the cups with kiwi pressed on the sides, I sliced a kiwi and gently pressed it to the sides of the glass until it suctions. Add in the chia pudding followed by toppings and enjoy!