Pumpkin pie in a glass.
This autumn themed Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is the perfect healthy treat during cozy season. Enjoy it as a nourishing breakfast, sweet treat, or even dessert! The simple fall inspired ingredients are mixed together in minutes and require zero cooking. You will love how easy and delicious this creamy chia pudding is.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding:
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Ingredients:
Fall and pumpkin season go hand in hand. This chia pudding encapsulates fall with delicious pumpkin pie flavors that feel like a hug in a glass. Plus, it has a ton of health benefits. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this healthy and delicious chia pudding recipe:
- Chia Seeds.
- Pumpkin Puree.
- Plant Based Milk.
- Maple Syrup.
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Chia Pudding:
This Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is so easy to make – just throw everything into a glass container, whisk until smooth, and let sit overnight! Here are some tips to make the absolute best chia pudding possible:
- Don’t skip the yogurt! You technically can make chia pudding without it, but it’ll be difficult to achieve a creamy texture. My ratio per 2 tbsp of chia seeds is 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Make this the day or night before you want to enjoy it. It needs a minimum of 6 hours to thicken!
- This recipe is for 3 small portions, or 2 slightly larger portions. If you think you’ll want more, simply double or triple the recipe.
- If you don’t have pumpkin puree, you can sub with boiled sweet potato, butternut squash, or acorn squash.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What are the benefits of chia pudding?
Chia pudding has many incredible benefits, mainly improving digestion due to the high fiber content. When you allow the chia seeds to soak up the liquid and expand, they take on a gel like consistency helping waste and toxins pass through your system. In a few words, they are great at easing constipation and improving the gut lining. Due to this and the amount of nutrients packed into a small amount, chia seeds are considered a superfood!
2. What are the health benefits of pumpkin?
Pumpkins are filled with vitamins and minerals that work to fuel your body and strengthen your immune system. Like similar vegetables carrots and sweet potato, pumpkins are high in vitamin A which are great for your eyes and keep your skin glowing.
3. Is it okay to have chia pudding every morning?
While chia pudding is very healthy and has great benefits, it’s important to consume everything in moderation. To reach optimal health, it’s important to consume a variety of foods and mix things up. If you eat the same foods daily you may grow intolerant to certain foods. Consuming chia pudding 3-4 a week should be fine.
4. Which type of milk is best?
I love using Soy Milk. Not only is it super creamy, 1 cup has 12g of protein!
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup Yogurt My favorite brands are Siggi's, Culina, Kite Hill, and Forager
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup can sub for agave
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- To a container add all of the ingredients. I recommend adding everything minus the chia seeds first - whisk well until there are no clumps then stir in the chia seeds. Close your container and store in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove chia pudding from the fridge. It should have thickened significantly.
- This recipe makes either 2 larger portions or 3 smaller portions. Serve yourself the pudding in a bowl or cup and add toppings of choice. I added vegan whipped cream and sifted cinnamon.