Looking for delicious ways to get your veggies in? This Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup is creamy, cheesy, and PACKED with important macro and micronutrients. This plant based soup is perfect for the entire family!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Ingredients
My favorite aspect of this Broccoli Cheddar Soup are the undetected nutritious veggies hidden throughout. If you hate vegetables, this is a great method of incorporating them into your diet. We’ve got:
- Diced white onion
- Head of Broccoli (stem included!)
- Rainbow Carrots
- Russet Potato
These veggies will be cooked in vegetable broth then blended with an immersion blender. I prefer an immersion blender over a traditional blender as there is WAY less cleanup. If you do use a traditional blender, make sure to do so in batches to avoid overheating your blender. Here are my favorite blenders from Amazon:
Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The mini grilled cheese sandwiches on top are optional, but add even more cheesiness. If you are serving this soup to young kids, I say it’s a must! All you need to do is toast a slice of bread then melt a slice of vegan cheese on top. I do this by adding the bread with the cheese slice in the oven until melted, or to a covered frying pan until heated. I find the vegan cheeses that melt the best are VIOLIFE, CHAO, and FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3/4 white onion, diced
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 large rainbow carrots, diced regular carrots work
- 1 head broccoli (stem included!)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juice from
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- red chili flakes optional topping
- 1 slice bread for the mini grilled cheeses
- 1 slice vegan cheese I recommend Violife or Chao brand
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dice your onions and chop the celery, carrots, and broccoli stems into small pieces. Reserve the florets for later.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat then add your chopped veggies. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and cube your potato and thinly chop the garlic cloves. Add to the pot along with the broth, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste. Keep covered and cook on a medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
- While the veggies cook roast the broccoli florets coated in olive oil, paprika, and sea salt for 25 min stirring halfway through. You can also bake them in your air fryer.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove soup from heat and add in the dill, dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Use an immersion blender to roughly blend the soup – it shouldn’t be perfectly creamy, unless preferred. Add 3/4 of the roasted broccoli and roughly blend until the broccoli is in chunks.
- Season to taste and serve the soup in bowls topped with the remaining roasted broccoli.
- For the mini grilled cheeses, simply toast your bread. Once toasted, add a slice of cheese on top and add to the oven until melted, OR add to a frying pan and keep covered over medium heat until melted.