If you love Sweetgreen’s Harvest Bowl, you must try this vegan version. It’s not a copycat version, I added my own Plant Collective twist to it. It is still packed with nutritious seasonal autumn flavors that are just so delicious paired together. The best part is the spicy cashew cilantro dressing.
Sweetgreen Inspired Harvest Bowl & Dressing
This salad is truly one of my favorites. Once you try it you will have it on repeat all season long – and probably into winter too! I recommend prepping these ingredients in bulk so you can easily enjoy it for the week. Here’s the order in which I made this salad:
- Preheat your air fryer or oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cashews to a bowl of boiling water. They only need to soak for about 10-15 minutes. Drain, rinse, and add to your high speed blender along with the remaining dressing ingredients. Blend until the cashews are completely combined and there are no grains. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook your wild rice blend in garlic powder and sea salt.
- Peel and cube your sweet potato. Toss in avocado oil, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bake in the air fryer until fork tender and crispy edges.
- Cube your tofu and toss in avocado oil. Once they’re all evenly coated, toss in the nutritional yeast, sea salt, and bread crumbs. I used Longeve Brand breadless crumbs here because they’re gluten free and high in protein.
- Chop your kale and add to your bowl. Top with the vegan feta, I used Violife, pistachios, sweet potatoes, crispy tofu, wild rice, and a drizzle of the spicy cashew cilantro dressing.
Seasonal Autumn Ingredients
Sweetgreen chose delicious seasonal ingredients in their original bowl. Eating seasonal produce is preferred as it’s more nutritious than food harvested out of season. Seasonal foods are able to harvest naturally without rush allowing for freshness and ample nutrients. I used all the ingredients Sweetgreen used with a couple of substitutes:
- Wild Rice.
- Pistachios (sub for almonds.)
- Roasted Sweet Potato.
- Vegan Feta (sub for goat cheese.)
- Crispy Tofu (sub for roasted chicken.)
- Spicy Cashew Cilantro Dressing. This is my version of Sweetgreen’s spicy cashew dressing. The only difference is mine has cilantro.
Sweetgreen Inspired Vegan Harvest Bowl
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 2 tbsp vegan feta I used the brand Violife
- 1/3 cup wild rice blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 block super firm tofu I love Trader Joe’s high protein tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs I used Longeve Brand breadless crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Spicy Cashew Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 lime, juice from
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup can sub for agave
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tamari can sub for regular soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Cook the wild rice in about 1 cup water, sea salt, and garlic powder. Add more water if needed.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato then toss in avocado oil and seasoning. Air fry or bake at 400 degrees until fork tender and crispy.
- Chop your tofu into cubes and toss with the avocado oil. Then toss with the nutritional yeast, sea salt, and breadless crumbs. Make sure each cube is fully coated then bake or air fry at 400 degrees until crispy.
- Arrange your bowl – start with the chopped kale then add the pistachios, vegan feta, wild rice, sweet potatoes, and crispy tofu.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender until creamy. Keep in mind this makes a big amount of dressing. For this recipe you only need a couple of tbsp.