energize and satiate your body.
Creamy and high protein Vanilla Fig Chia Pudding made with minimal healthy ingredients. Put it in the fridge tonight and enjoy tomorrow morning! This nutritious treat is loaded with superfoods, delicious flavors, and a creamy texture you won’t be able to get enough of. This protein rich chia pudding the perfect nourishing breakfast or quick pick me-up-snack when you need a boost of energy or sugar. You will absolutely LOVE this easy superfood packed treat.
How to Make Vanilla Fig Chia Pudding:
Vanilla Fig Chia Pudding Ingredients:
I’ve tried various chia pudding recipes, and this method results in the creamiest, most delicious chia pudding out there. The secret ingredients are yogurt and protein powder – together they add the PERFECT amount of creaminess. Simply whisk your ingredients then let settle in the fridge where the chia seeds will expand to form a pudding like texture. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this healthy and delicious chia pudding recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Chia Pudding:
This Vanilla Fig Chia Pudding is so easy to make – just throw everything into a glass container, whisk until smooth, and let sit overnight! Here are some tips to make the absolute best chia pudding possible:
- Don’t skip the yogurt! You technically can make chia pudding without it, but it’ll be difficult to achieve a creamy texture. My ratio per 2 tbsp of chia seeds is 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Make this the day or night before you want to enjoy it. It needs a minimum of 6 hours to thicken!
- Whisk the liquids first before you add the powders and chia seeds.
- This recipe is for 3 small portions, or 2 slightly larger portions. If you think you’ll want more, simply double or triple the recipe.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What are the benefits of chia pudding?
Chia pudding has many incredible benefits, mainly improving digestion due to the high fiber content. When you allow the chia seeds to soak up the liquid and expand, they take on a gel like consistency helping waste and toxins pass through your system. In a few words, they are great at easing constipation and improving the gut lining. Due to this and the amount of nutrients packed into a small amount, chia seeds are considered a superfood!
2. Which plant-based protein is best?
Look for protein powders that are free of additives. The best protein powders contain a high amount of protein of course made from natural, plant-based sources. Sprout Living makes a nutrient dense protein powder that comes in various delicious flavors and sources protein from multiple sources.
3. What are the benefits of figs?
Figs are a nutrient dense fruit that are typically in season the end of summer through the end of fall. They are rich in fiber, contain anti-inflammatory properties, increase blood circulation, and, like chia seeds, are great for digestion. It’s recommended to eat figs during menstruation as they are known to reduce cramps!
4. Is it okay to have chia pudding every morning?
While chia pudding is very healthy and has great benefits, it’s important to consume everything in moderation. To reach optimal health, it’s important to consume a variety of foods and mix things up. If you eat the same foods daily you may grow intolerant to certain foods. Consuming chia pudding 3-4 a week should be fine.
High Protein Vanilla Fig Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Plant-based Milk I love Eden's soy milk
- 1/2 cup Plant-based Vanilla Yogurt I recommend Forager Project. If you can't find vanilla yogurt regular is fine, just add a tsp or so of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 scoop Sprout Living Vanilla Lucuma Protein Powder Any protein powder works
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- To a large bowl or glass container add the milk, vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, protein powder, and maple syrup. Whisk until there are no more clumps, then stir in the chia seeds.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours then enjoy with whatever toppings you’d like! My favorites for this chia pudding blend are sliced figs, hemp seeds, and granola.