Craving a hearty burger but want to keep it healthy? This Deconstructed Burger Bowl is a quick and healthy way to get your fix! You’ve got all the burger classics including a juicy veggie packed burger topped with a creamy chipotle sauce. This “burger salad” will keep you both nourished and ultra satisfied.
A Loaded Burger in Salad Form
Who doesn’t love a juicy, loaded burger? Burgers are one of my top comfort foods, but they can be messy and are always gone way too fast! This loaded burger is deconstructed and in salad from, an easy hack to curbing your burger craving and getting even MORE delicious burger bites.
Here are all the delicious ingredients:
- Veggie Burger. I bought mine from Actual Veggies, the healthiest veggie burgers on the market. Buy a bunch and keep them frozen! Use code PLANTCOLLECTIVE25 for a discount.
- Chopped Tomatoes.
- Air Fried Sweet Potato Wedges.
- Red Onion.
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
There are many ways you can customize this burger bowl to your liking – there is truly no wrong way! Check out these delicious ideas for substitutes:
- Looking for a more authentic burger option? Sub the veggie burger for a Beyond Burger.
- Looking for more of a crumble rather than a whole burger? Try Abbot’s Butcher ground “beef”.
- Missing the cheese? Try this plant based shredded mozzarella from Violife.
Deconstructed Burger Bowl
- 1/2 head romaine, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4-5 pickles
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 veggie burger
- 1/2 sweet potato
Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 1 cup soaked cashews soak overnight or in boiling water for at least 20 minutes
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 lime, juice from
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp tamari
- Prep your ingredients – chop the romaine, chop up a tomato, chop up part of a red onion, slice half an avocado, and chop your sweet potato into wedges. Assemble ingredients to a bowl along with the pickles and top with a cooked burger of your choice.
- For the dressing, blend all ingredients together and drizzle desired amount over the salad. Store the rest in the fridge for up to a couple weeks. Toss and enjoy immediately.