BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER SALAD for SUMMER.
This Buffalo Cauliflower Salad proves just how versatile and delicious salads can be! The spicy and crispy Buffalo Cauliflower is laid on a bed of crisp romaine along with carrot ribbons, crunchy celery, tangy pickled onion, a creamy herb tahini dressing, and more. Not only is this salad full of flavor, it’s completely vegan. Get ready for summer with this nutrient rich Buffalo Cauliflower Salad!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Salad:
Flavorful + Fresh Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
Buffalo sauce reminds me of summer and BBQ’s. Don’t get turned off by the cauliflower though – when prepared properly, it’s a DELICIOUS substitute for chicken wings. Here are all of the healthy and fresh ingredients used in this delicious Buffalo Cauliflower Salad:
Creamy Herb Tahini
The key to making this salad taste good is pairing the crispy buffalo cauliflower with a creamy, herby, dressing. Here’s how I make mine:
- Use a high quality tahini. Make sure your tahini is fully combined and runny before using – I like to throw the entire bottle into a blender first to avoid the oil separation.
- To thin it out a bit I use water and lemon juice. I use the juice from about 1/4 of a lemon, and the amount of water is up to you. Start with a couple tbsp and gradually add more until you’re happy with the texture.
- Mix in fresh herbs – this is up to you, but I really enjoy it with finely chopped dill and thyme. Make sure the herbs are chopped really well.
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Non-Dairy Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Water
Herby Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Dill
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Thyme
- 1/4 Lemon, juice from
- 3 tbsp Water gradually add more until you reach the consistency you're happy with
- 1 head Romaine, finely chopped
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Large Carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 1 stalk Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- If using pickled onions, do this step ahead of time. Simply add all ingredients to a large jar and keep in the fridge for at least a few hours, ideally overnight.
- First start with the buffalo cauliflower. Chop florets from the head of cauliflower and add to a large bowl. Toss with avocado oil.
- In a small dish add the corn starch and water. On a shallow plate or bowl add the bread crumbs, paprika, and sea salt. You may want to start with half of the portion as you don't want it to get too wet from the corn starch mixture.
- Dip your cauliflower floret into the corn starch mixture, shake off the excess liquid, then coat in the bread crumb mixture. If it doesn't stick well, use your fingers to add the bread crumbs on top and into the crevices.
- When all the florets are coated, air fry them at once (or in batches if you don't have enough space) at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Gently drizzle with the buffalo cauliflower sauce then air fry again for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Prepare the sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a dish and whisking well. Keep excess dressing in the fridge for up to a week and a half.
- Assemble your salad! Add the romaine first then top with the celery, carrot ribbons, cherry tomatoes, green onion, pickled red onion, the buffalo cauliflower, then finish with the dressing. Enjoy!