CELERY JUICE AKA FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.
If you’re looking for ways to naturally increase collagen and improve your skin, try starting your day with fresh celery juice, made famous by the Medical Medium. Drinking celery juice daily increases the body’s natural collagen, clears the skin, stimulates hair growth, plus a zillion more benefits! Drink on an empty stomach for best results.
How to Make Celery Juice:
One Ingredient Recipe
Celery juice is exactly what the title suggests, juice from celery. In order to reap all the benefits, it’s important not to mix other ingredients in. Drink the celery juice alone. It may be tempting to add in lemon as celery juice is an acquired taste, but adding other ingredients will significantly decrease the benefits.
Wash your celery well, chop into smaller bits, then feed the chopped ribs into your juicer. One entire stalk of celery makes about 8oz of juice, so make sure to stock up so you have enough. Try to use organic if you can, otherwise make sure to wash each celery rib extremely well.
The Miraculous Benefits of Celery Juice:
Celery juice has some truly remarkable benefits, and can and should be consumed by everyone. They’re even incredibly healing for babies! Here are some of my favorite benefits:
- Clear skin. Drinking celery juice on an empty stomach every morning helps to naturally increase collagen. As we age, our collagen starts to decrease which causes sagging skin, wrinkles, etc. The vitamins and water content in celery juice help the body produce more collagen, heal damaged skin, and hydrate the skin resulting in a beautiful glow.
- Strengthened liver. Celery juice flushes toxin from your liver and helps to restore your central nervous system.
- Strengthened digestion. If you’re new to celery juice and are holding toxins in your body, you may notice loose stools and/or bloating. This is because your body is quickly flushing out bad bacteria in the gut and liver via the digestive tract. Once you start to drink celery juice regularly, your body should adjust.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What can I add to celery juice to make it taste better?
Unfortunately, to get the maximum benefits of celery juice, it must be consumed alone on an empty stomach. Adding other ingredients, even just a squeeze of lemon, will significantly decrease it’s benefits. If you really can’t take it, add cucumber and apple to your juice to help get adjusted. Gradually add less and less until you can handle celery juice on it’s own. I used to hate it, now I look forward to my morning celery juice and find it refreshing!
2. Is it okay to drink celery juice everyday?
Yes! In fact, to see maximum benefits, you should drink it everyday. Start with 8oz, and work your way up to 16oz.
3. What can I do with the pulp?
The nutrients from the celery are removed from the pulp during the juicing process, but you can still use the fiber rich pulp. We recommend adding them into a food processor with chickpeas, herbs, spices, and a flax egg to make fritters.
4. How long does celery juice last before it expires?
Like most juices, it’s best to consume them right away. If you’re not going to consume the celery juice within 24 hours, keep it stored in the freezer. No, it won’t be as “fresh”, but in my opinion making fresh celery juice every single day is unrealistic, and freezing keeps nearly all the nutrients!
5. I don’t have a juicer, can I still make celery juice?
6. Why can’t I just eat celery?
The beauty of juice and removing the fiber is how much more you can consume without getting full. You would never be able to eat an entire stalk of celery on it’s own without feeling full and sick. And you need at least one entire stalk of celery to access the benefits.
Clear Skin Celery Juice Recipe
- Hurom H400 Juicer Use code ANNIE10 for a discount
- 2 stalks Celery
- Remove all the ribs from the celery stalk and wash each one individually. I recommend removing the leaves as they will make your juice taste bitter.
- Chop the celery into smaller bits then feed into your juicer. 2 entire stalks should result in about 16oz.
- Before diving the juice amongst your bottles, I recommend using a julep strainer to remove any pulp that might have gotten through. A little pulp is okay, so I just usually just do one round of straining. Enjoy the fresh celery juice within 24 hours for best results.
- If you want to batch the celery juice, purchase as many stalks as you want keeping in mind 2 stalks makes 16oz. Add into your juice bottles leaving at least 3 inches of space, then store in the freezer. They will last months!