SUPERFOOD MEET SUPERFOOD.
Creamy and high protein Blue Majik Chia Pudding made with just 5 ingredients! This healthy treat is loaded with superfoods, delicious flavors, and boasts the most stunning blue hue from the algae based Blue Majik powder. This vibrant chia pudding can be enjoyed as a nourishing breakfast or quick pick me-up-snack when you need a boost of energy or increase of protein. You will absolutely LOVE this superfood packed treat!
How to Make Blue Majik Chia Pudding:
Blue Majik Chia Pudding Ingredients:
Chia Pudding can be made in a variety of ways, and after many *failed* attempts I’ve found this version to be the absolute best. The secret ingredient? Yogurt. It adds the perfect amount of creaminess and helps you to feel extra energized and satiated. Simply mix together your ingredients and let it settle in the fridge where the chia seeds will expand to form a pudding like texture. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this healthy and delicious chia pudding recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Chia Pudding:
This Blue Majik Chia Pudding is so easy to make – just throw everything into a glass container, whisk until smooth, and let sit overnight! Here are some tips to make the absolute best chia pudding possible:
- Don’t skip the yogurt! You technically can make chia pudding without it, but it’ll be difficult to achieve a creamy texture. My ratio per 2 tbsp of chia seeds is 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Make this the day or night before you want to enjoy it. It needs a minimum of 6 hours to thicken!
- Whisk the liquids first before you add the powders and chia seeds.
- This recipe is for 3 small portions, or 2 slightly larger portions. If you think you’ll want more, simply double or triple the recipe.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What are the benefits of chia pudding?
Chia pudding has many incredible benefits, mainly improving digestion due to the high fiber content. When you allow the chia seeds to soak up the liquid and expand, they take on a gel like consistency helping waste and toxins pass through your system. In a few words, they are great at easing constipation and improving the gut lining. Due to this and the amount of nutrients packed into a small amount, chia seeds are considered a superfood!
2. What exactly is Blue Majik?
Blue Majik comes from blue green algae. Blue green algae has 2 compounds, chlorophyll and phycocyanin. Blue Majik comes from phycocyanin while spirulina comes from chlorophyll. It’s sold in powder form and is a bit more difficult to find than spirulina which is more widely accessible. We order our Blue Majik online.
3. Is Blue Majik the same as spirulina?
Blue Majik and Spirulina both come from blue green algae and are quite similar, but they are not the same. In terms of health benefits, spirulina is superior on paper. Spirulina is a great source of plant based protein as well as iron, potassium, and vitamin A. One tablespoon of spirulina is 4 grams of protein! Blue Majik has it’s benefits as well, mainly being anti-inflammatory and containing vitamin B-12.
4. Is it okay to have chia pudding every morning?
While chia pudding is very healthy and has great benefits, it’s important to consume everything in moderation. To reach optimal health, it’s important to consume a variety of foods and mix things up. If you eat the same foods daily you may grow intolerant to certain foods. Consuming chia pudding 3-4 a week should be fine. Blue Majik isn’t as readily accessible as spirulina, so we recommend purchasing online.
Blue Majik Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Plant Based Milk
- 1/2 cup Plant Based Yogurt I used Siggi's plant based peach yogurt
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup can sub for agave
- 1 tbsp Blue Majik Powder
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- Sliced Banana
- Hemp Seeds
- Cacao Nibs
- Shredded Coconut
- Grab an air tight container and add in the milk, yogurt, and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Next add in the blue majik and protein powder. Whisk well to remove clumps.
- Finally, stir in the chia seeds. Place airtight container into the fridge overnight (or for at least 6 hours) before enjoying. Serve in a bowl or cup with your favorite toppings.
- For the cups with bananas pressed on the sides, I sliced a banana and carefully pressed it to the sides of the glass. Frozen banana slices will stick a bit better, but in either case gently press the banana so it suctions to the glass. Add in the chia pudding followed by toppings and enjoy!