COZY SEASON IN A GLASS.
Fuel your body with this Cinnamon Chai Protein Smoothie! This smoothie packs in 24 grams of protein per serving and is made with ultra flavorful, energy boosting chai powder from Chamberlain Coffee. Whether it’s cozy season, or you’re just craving cozy holiday flavors, this smoothie provides sustainable energy and the perfect blend of spices.
How to Make Cinnamon Chai Protein Smoothie:
Cinnamon Chai Protein Smoothie Ingredients:
This flavor rich autumn smoothie is made from wholesome and healthy ingredients. The star of the show is the chai powder from Chamberlain Coffee – it’s perfectly spiced and an absolute must try. If you don’t have access to it that’s okay, any chai powder will work as a substitute. Here are of all of the ingredients used in this recipe:
Helpful Tips for Making a Chai Smoothie:
This Cinnamon Chai Smoothie is so easy to make – just throw everything into the blender and blend until smooth! Here are some tips to make the absolute best smoothie possible:
- I highly recommend using the linked products, but you can absolutely substitute with your preferred protein powder and chai powder.
- I added a bit of granola on top and enjoyed the smoothie with a spoon. Totally optional, but adds additional flavors and textures.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. What is chai powder made of?
This particular chai blend from Chamberlain contains oats, cane sugar, black tea, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. Does chai powder have caffeine?
Yes, though it contains less caffeine than coffee. For context, 1 cup of coffee contains 80-120mg of caffeine, 1 cup of matcha contains 60-70mg of caffeine, and chai powder contains 25-55mg caffeine. The caffeine in chai and matcha is preferred to coffee because it comes on slower and gentler than coffee which can be too aggressive on your body.
3. How much protein is in this smoothie?
This recipe makes 2 portions – each portion contains 24 grams of protein without the granola. Add the granola of your choice if you’d like additional protein.
Cinnamon Chai Protein Smoothie
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Dates, pitted
- 4 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder we love Sprout Living's Vanilla Lucuma protein powder
- 1 tsp Chamberlain Coffee Chai Powder any chai powder or concentrate will work as a substitute
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Ice Cubes
- 1.5 cups Soy Milk we love Edensoy Milk
- 1/4 cup Granola optional topping
- Simply add all ingredients minus the granola to a high speed blender, blend until smooth, and divide between two glasses.
- Optionally top your smoothie with the granola of your choice and enjoy with a spoon. Enjoy immediately.