farmer’s market in a bowl.
Not sure what to make with your latest farmer’s market haul? Here we threw together our favorite veggies in a bowl to make this nutrient dense, flavorful, and beautiful Vegan Harvest Bowl. This gorgeous and healthy bowl is SO simple to make with virtually no cooking required.
How to Make this Vegan Harvest Bowl:
Vegan Harvest Bowl Ingredients:
If you don’t feel like cooking a bunch of items you’re in luck – this recipe requires virtually NO cooking. It’s 95% raw! The only cooked items in this recipe are the rice and air fried shiitake mushrooms which require little effort. The remaining ingredients are fresh and delicious vegetables we picked up at the farmer’s market.
Here are all of the healthy ingredients used in this recipe:
- Tahini Miso Dressing.
- Yellow Squash.
- Snow Peas.
- Shiitake Mushroom.
- Forbidden Black Rice.
Helpful Tips for the Perfect Vegan Harvest Bowl:
This produce packed harvest bowl is essentially your farmer’s market haul thrown into one nutritious, delicious bowl. The benefits of incorporating high volume, nutrient dense bowls like this into your routine include:
- Strengthened immune system.
- Disease prevention.
- Weight loss.
- Healthy digestion.
- Reduced inflammation.
- Lower blood pressure.
Let’s break down the exact steps you need to make this healthy bowl:
- Make the salad dressing by whisking together the ingredients in a dish. Destem your kale, wash it, dry it in a salad spinner, then toss in a small amount of the dressing. Use your hands to massage the leaves. This helps it become less bitter and easier to chew. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Prepare your produce. Slice the zucchini, radish, and squash with a mandoline,
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. Use a ladle to scoop away the foam layer on top.
- Divide the juice between your bottles and keep stored in the fridge. Enjoy within a few days.
Vegan Harvest Bowl
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 3 tbsp Filtered Water If it's still too thick, gradually add more water by the tbsp
- 3 cups Curly Kale
- 1/2 cup Sliced Shiitake Mushroom
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Radish
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Endive
- 1 bunch Chives
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1/2 Avocado, cubed
- 3/4 cup Cooked Forbidden Black Rice
- 6 tbsp Hummus
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a dish. Start with 3 tbsp of water and gradually add more if the mixture is too thick. Set aside.
- Grab your kale. Remove the stems, use your hands to break into smaller leaves, and rinse the leaves in a salad spinner. Toss with a bit of dressing and let marinate while you prep everything else.
- Slice shiitake mushrooms into strips and toss in a splash of tamari. Air fry at 400 F until crispy, about 10-15 min.
- Cook the forbidden black rice in water.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the zucchini, squash, and radish.
- Use a peeler to peel a carrot creating ribbons.
- Chop the endives, chives, and trim the ends of the snow peas. Cube the avocado.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of hummus to the side of your bowl. Top with the marinated kale, black rice, and remaining toppings. Finish with another drizzle of the dressing. Enjoy!