There is nothing quite as comforting as a homemade banana bread. This Vegan Banana Carrot Bread topped with a Brown Butter frosting is moist and filled with rich, comforting flavors. Feel free to opt out of the frosting if you’re looking for something simpler or lighter – the banana carrot bread only has 9 ingredients!
Delicious & Simple Ingredients
The ingredients used in this Banana Carrot Bread with Brown Butter Frosting recipe are super simple. You probably even have everything in your pantry already! Certain ingredients will be linked with the exact brand I use.
For the banana carrot bread you’ll need:
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Oil
- Ripe Bananas
Buy this recipe on Instacart! Click HERE to add all of the ingredients to your cart.
Only 9 Ingredient Banana Carrot Bread
Whether you’re a baker or not, this vegan Banana Carrot Bread can be made by anyone, regardless of your skill level. Combine your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another. Once both are well combined, add the wet into the dry. Mix well, then fold in the grated carrots. Add to a greased loaf pan, I used a 9×5 pan.
Bake your Banana Carrot Bread at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. At the 25 minute mark, rotate your loaf pan 180 degrees. Let cool before enjoying or adding your frosting.
Brown Butter Frosting
My mom always used to make me banana bread growing up - it's so simple but such a classic! The brown butter frosting is totally optional but adds a fun twist to these classic flavors. You can either keep it on the thinner side as more of a glaze, or thicken it up into a more traditional cream cheese frosting.
If you haven’t browned butter into a frosting before, here are the super simple steps:
- Brown the butter. Drop 1/4 cup of butter into a saucepan. Heat on medium until the butter starts to foam. At that point begin to whisk often until the butter turns into a brown color. Add to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add your ingredients. Add the cream cheese first and beat with a hand or stand mixer. Next add in the vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. Finally, sift in the powdered sugar. This is tedious but important, you don’t want to find clumps of sugar in the frosting. Start with 2 cups and go from there. If it’s too thin for your liking, sift in more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add in more vanilla almond milk by the tbsp.
- Whisk. Use a hand mixer or standing mixture to whip your mixture into a creamy frosting.
Banana Carrot Bread with Brown Butter Frosting
- 2 cups Baking Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 2 Carrots, grated
Brown Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan with oil. Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas then mix in the wet ingredients. Once combined stir into the dry ingredients. Grate the peeled carrots directly into the bowl & stir to combine.
- Add your mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes rotating once halfway thru.
- For the frosting: melt your butter in a sauce pan. When the butter starts foaming, whisk often until the butter browns. This will take a bit of time so be patient. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Once the butter is cooled, use a hand mixer to stir in the cream cheese. Sift in the powdered sugar then the remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too liquidy for your liking, add in more powdered sugar. If the mixture is too thick, add in more milk by the tbsp.
- Allow the bread to cool before adding the frosting. Keep stored in the fridge or enjoy immediately.