homemade immunity booster.
This is your sign to stop buying storebought juice! Keep your immune system strong with this refreshing, homemade Carrot Orange Immunity Juice. Not only is this immune boosting juice healthy for you, it’s safe for kids too! All you need is 5 simple ingredients to keep your kids healthy and prevent sickness. This hydrating juice is made from nature, has zero artificial sweeteners or processed ingredients, and is the perfect fresh juice for the entire family.
How to Make Carrot Orange Immunity Juice:
Carrot Orange Immunity Juice Ingredients:
Please meet one of my favorite juice recipes! I LOVE this juice because it’s an immune strengthening option for the entire family. Coupled with a healthy lifestyle, this juice helps to keep sickness away during flu season (and the whole year!) Ginger shots are too intense for kids, so this is a great alternative.
Here are all of the ingredients used in this healthy carrot orange juice recipe:
- Ginger Root.
- Turmeric Root.
- Black Pepper.
Helpful Tips for Making the Best Immunity Juice:
This fruity immune boosting juice is so easy to make. Here are some tips to make the absolute best juice possible:
- If you can, invest in a quality juicer. If you’re not ready, you can use a blender (add a little filtered water to help it get going) and strain through a mesh colander or a JUICE PRESS.
- Wash your produce well. Try to buy organic, but if you’re unable, just make sure to wash your vegetables VERY well. You can soak them in a water, vinegar, baking soda solution for 15 minutes to make sure any pesticides and fertilizers are removed.
- This juice is ideally served right away, but they do last about 3 days in the fridge. Add them to the freezer (where they’ll last months) if you don’t think they’ll be consumed within that time frame.
- If your kids are used to drinking highly processed juices, it may take a minute to to adjust to a juice with natural sugars opposed to artificial sugars. Be patient and don’t give up! Try to make the experience as relaxed and fun as possible.
- I recommend drinking this juice in the morning. It’s such a delicious way to start your morning and will leave you feeling energized, fresh, and hydrated.
Confused? Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. Is carrot orange juice good for you?
This juice is super healthy – especially compared to all the unhealthy, ultra processed juices marketed to kids! Some of the amazing benefits include:
- Boosts eye & skin health
- High in vitamin A and C
- Boosts cognitive function
- Promotes heart & liver health
- Aids in weight management
2. How long does carrot orange juice last?
It’ll taste best on day 1, but it will last 2-3 days max. If you don’t think you’ll drink it within that time frame, store them in the freezer. They’ll last months! Make sure not to fill it to the top though or it will explode.
3. What are the benefits of immunity juice?
The main benefit of this juice is to strengthen the immune system. Of course this isn’t a magical juice and there are other things you must do, but it has incredible benefits that help keep sicknesses away. I recommend coupling this juice with as diverse a diet as possible, adding beneficial bacteria such as fermented foods, and cutting back on ultra processed foods.
4. Is immunity juice safe for kids?
So long as your child doesn’t have allergies or medical issues preventing them from eating these ingredients, then yes! The ginger and turmeric are very mild compared to most all immune boosting drinks, which can be very strong. The flavors here are simple and familiar.
5. Do I need to add black pepper?
I highly recommend you do, as black pepper activates the benefits of the turmeric! You will hardly notice it’s there.
7. What’s wrong with storebought juice?
Unless you’re drinking a juice that is from a juice shop, is cold pressed, and not HPP’d, then homemade is best. HPP’d is a requirement for juices being sold in major grocery stores, and happens in a lot of juice shops too. It means the juice is processed with heat allowing it to last on the shelf for weeks. The reason it lasts is because majority of the nutrients are killed off during the heating process. Think about it – an orange would never last a month on the shelf! It’s hard to ensure the quality you’re drinking, so I always recommend making it at home. Don’t waste your money on a juice that has no benefits!
Kid Friendly Immunity Juice
- 1 thumbnail sized Ginger Root
- 1 thumbnail sized Turmeric Root
- 4 large Carrots
- 8 Oranges, peeled
- 2 Red Apples, cored
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Add ingredients to your juicer then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the black pepper - this is what will activate the benefits of the turmeric!
- Divide between juice bottles and enjoy within 4-5 days. Adults feel free to have up to 3 of these juices per day.
- These juices will last months in the freezer, so if you aren't going to consume them all within 3 days, simply keep them in the freezer. Make sure to only fill it 3/4 of the way up or it will overflow while frozen.