This Sweet Potato Avocado Salad is incredibly easy to prepare, and is a wonderful choice for weekly healthy meal prep. It’s packed with healthy fats including avocado, vegan feta, pine nuts, and a tahini based dressing, and sweet potato, one of the best sources of carbs.
Healthy Fats & Carbs
The best part of this salad are the use of delicious and familiar fats – avocado, pine nuts, tahini (aka sesame seeds), and vegan feta from Violife. Discovering new vegan cheeses has been a game changer – in the past five years the vegan alternative game has been growing and improving like crazy. I used to be a cheese lover, so finding healthy alternatives (that actually taste good and realistic) has been life changing. My favorite vegan cheese brands include:
The bulk of this salad is also sweet potato, one of the healthiest carbs there is! I baked it in avocado oil (a healthy fat) which is preferable to olive oil as heating olive oil kills the antioxidants leaving fewer health benefits. If heated too high, it can turn to trans fats – to be safe, I cook with avocado oil and use olive oil raw, such as in a salad dressing.
Sweet Potato Avocado Salad
- 2 packed cups arugula
- 2 packed cups baby kale
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 tbsp crumbled vegan feta
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 small lemon, juice from
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp agave
- pinch sea salt & pepper
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. peel and cube your sweet potato, then arrange them on a parchment lined baking tray. bake for 20 minutes or so flipping halfway through. keep an eye on them, the time is different for everybody depending on your sweet potato and oven!
- add arugula, baby kale, and purple cabbage evenly into 2 bowls. toss both bowls.
- slice an avocado and divide between the 2 bowls. sprinkle the pine nuts, crumbled vegan feta, sea salt and pepper between both bowls.
- top with the cubed sweet potato.
- add all ingredients together in a small jar and mix evenly to combine with a fork or spoon. this dressing can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.