lUNCH WILL BE READY IN 5.
For when you want something light and refreshing, filling, and doesn’t require you spending hours in the kitchen. Introducing my favorite healthy lunch, Simple Soba Noodle Salad. It comes together in just minutes and is packed with vitamins and minerals. This lunch is best served chilled making it the perfect meal prepped lunch for warmer (or lazy) days.
How to Make a Simple Soba Noodle Salad:
Cucumber Toast Meet Poppyseed Bagel
This Simple Soba Noodle Salad only requires 8 key ingredients which you may already have in your fridge! I emphasized refreshing and hydrating produce which are complemented by the chewy soba noodles and ultra flavorful miso ginger dressing. I used the following ingredients:
- Soba Noodles.
- Grated Carrots.
- Diced Cucumber.
- Sliced Radish.
- Sesame Seeds.
- Green Onion.
- Miso Ginger Dressing.
Quick and Healthy Vegan Lunch
This delicious and healthy lunch can be made on the spot or meal prepped ahead of time. I personally prefer to meal prep it as this salad is best enjoyed chilled. Here are some tips on to make it perfect:
- Soba noodles are a nutrient dense noodle made from buckwheat. Buckwheat is naturally gluten-free, but if you’re gluten-free make sure the soba noodles you’re buying are 100% buckwheat to avoid cross contamination.
- Miso paste is a key ingredient in the dressing. I prefer white miso paste, but either red or miso paste works fine in this recipe.
- If you are just making this recipe for one, you can either meal prep or cook it on the spot. This recipe makes three servings so I recommend storing the leftovers in the fridge, but you can also divide the recipe by three.
- Toss the salad with the dressing to let the noodles soak up the flavor. When ready to eat, stir in a small splash of water to unstick the noodles.
Simple Soba Noodle Salad
Soba Noodle Salad
- 8 oz Soba Noodles
- 1 Large Carrot, grated
- 2 Small Cucumbers, diced
- 2-3 Radish, diced
- 1 cup Edamame Beans
- 1 stalk Green Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
Miso Ginger Dressing
- 3 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 6 tbsp Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- Filtered Water start with 1 tbsp and gradually add more until desired consistency is reached
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Let cool then add to a mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate dish. Start with 1 tbsp of water and gradually add more by the tbsp until desired consistency is reached. Toss into the salad then divide between 3 bowls or meal prep containers and enjoy!