This easy to make Asparagus Pea Soup with Vegan Chorizo arrived just in time for Spring! This creamy soup is packed with flavors like dill, parsley, oregano, and crispy vegan chorizo from Abbot’s Butcher.
Creamy Asparagus Pea Soup
It’s amazing that you can blend a bunch of vegetables together with herbs and call it soup. That’s truly what this recipe is – you won’t even notice all the vitamins and minerals packed into this delicious soup! Here are all of the ingredients used in this recipe:
- Onion & Garlic
- Abbot’s Butcher Chorizo
- Vegetable Broth
- Fresh Herbs
Made in One Pot
Not only is this spring inspired soup delicious, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is a large pot and an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender – but, it is time consuming as you’ll have to wait for the soup to cool down before blending. With an immersion blender, you can keep the soup in your pot making for an easier cleanup.
Asparagus Pea Soup with Crispy Chorizo
- Olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 cups Peas
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 package Abbot's Butcher Chorizo
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley leaves
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Coconut milk optional topping
- Slice of bread optional topping
- Prepare your crispy chorizo. Sauté in olive oil until crispy. If you want your chorizo extra crispy, bake in your oven or air fryer at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep your ingredients – finely dice the onion, mince the garlic, peel and roughly chop the potato, and chop the asparagus stalks into thirds.
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the asparagus and potatoes and cook covered for 15 min or until the potatoes are slightly fork tender.
- Add in the dill, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, and oregano along with the vegetable broth. Stir together then remove from heat.
- Give the mixture a few minutes to cool down then go in with your immersion blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup to a blender.
- Serve your soup topped with the crispy chorizo, an optional drizzle of coconut milk and olive oil, and a piece of bread.