IT’S TACO TUESday!
Get ready for the most simple and delicious Vegan Chorizo Tacos you’ll ever try. This recipe features vegan chorizo from Abbot’s Butcher, our favorite vegan meat company. Not only are the ingredients clean, this vegan chorizo is loaded with protein and takes under 10 minutes to prepare. Once you try these tacos you’ll be craving Taco Tuesday every night of the week!
How to Make Vegan Chorizo Tacos:
Easy Vegan Dinner
The flavors in these hearty vegan chorizo tacos are traditional, simple and light. The delicious Chorizo tastes so authentic despite being 100% plant-based and healthy. Here are all of the ingredients used:
- Abbot’s Butcher Chorizo.
- Refried Beans.
- Pico de Gallo.
- Vegan Sour Cream.
Taco Tuesday Dinner
If you ever struggle to come up with healthy dinner options, don’t underestimate tacos! They’re quick, easy, and can be an extremely nutritious and easy dinner to whip up for yourself or the whole family. Here a few of my favorite taco staples:
- Quality tortillas. Here I used a blend of corn and wheat flour tacos. If you’re gluten-free or grain free, try Siete brand tortillas. Learning how to properly heat them takes a minute to get used to, but once you master it you’ll never look back!
- Vegan meat alternative. My go to is Abbot’s Butcher – their ingredients are minimal and extremely clean, plus just 1/2 cup has 18 grams of protein!
- Light and fresh toppings. If you’re sticking with a Mexican theme, you can’t go wrong with guac and pico de gallo. If you want to take it up another notch, invest in a good vegan sour cream. My favorite comes from Forager – it’s light, healthy, and tastes SO authentic.
Vegan Chorizo Tacos
- 8 Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Siete Refried Beans
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 package Abbot's Butcher Chorizo
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 pinch Flaky Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Make the guacamole first. Add the contents of the avocados into a dish along with 1/2 cup of pico de gallo, the juice of 1/2 lime, and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
- Heat avocado oil on your pan then add in the Abbot's Butcher Chorizo. Cook on a medium heat stirring occasionally. Once the pieces have browned and firmed up, remove from heat.
- Warm the refried beans and set aside. Warm the tortillas stovetop on both sides. Once browned (should take about 30 seconds) set aside. No need to add any oil to the pan.
- Start building your tacos! Add about 1 tbsp of refried beans topped with about 2 spoonfuls of chorizo. Next add a scoop of guac, pico de gallo, about 1/2 tbsp of vegan sour cream, and finish with cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime. Repeat until all 8 tacos are filled. Enjoy!