lentil soup in 20 minutes.
In need of a quick and healthy dinner, but only have 20 minutes? This quick Lentil Soup recipe is fresh, healthy, and couldn’t be more simple. Only 10 ingredients are required! Weeknight dinners just got warm and cozy.
How to Make a Quick Lentil Soup:
Quick Lentil Soup Ingredients
This Lentil Soup recipe is for days when you’re craving something healthy and hearty, but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen with complicated ingredients. It takes on a farm to table essence with fresh produce centered around the star, lentils. The best part is this recipe can be customized however you’d like, think of it as a base you can build on. Here are all the ingredients used in this particular recipe:
- Tomato Paste.
- Vegetable Broth.
The Easiest Soup Recipe
This lentil soup recipe is not only delicious, but also incredibly easy to make! With just 10 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, anyone can whip up a fresh and homemade bowl of soup in no time. It’s the perfect meal for a cozy night in or a quick weekday lunch. Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you – it’s bursting with flavor and will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Let’s break down the exact steps you need to make this delicious simple soup:
- Assemble your ingredients. Chop your carrots, celery, and onion. Mince your garlic. Finely chop the herbs.
- Cook your lentils in water. Keep covered. Check often as they cook fairly quick.
- Heat avocado oil on a pan. Sauté the onions, carrots, and celery. Once they’re softened stir in the lentils and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil then let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Quick Lentil Soup
- 1 cup Brown Lentils
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1.5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Thyme fresh or dried
- 1 tsp Oregano fresh or dried
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced can sub with 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley, finely chopped optional topping
- Wash your lentils then add to a pot with the water. Cook until the water is absorbed.
- In a large pot, add avocado oil. After a minute add the onion, celery, and carrot and sauté until softened.
- Add the cooked lentils, vegetable broth, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, and garlic powder to the pot. Stir to combine. If using fresh herbs rather than dried, make sure to finely chop them.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a taste, and add more herbs if desired. Optionally add fresh parsley to top. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days.