Stay cool with this refreshing Mango Salsa Tartare made from just a few simple ingredients! For when you’re hungry but don’t want something too heavy. Introducing this tropical and super fun plant based tartare recipe! It’s packed with delicious cooling flavors and can be enjoyed as a fun appetizer or as a main dish.
Mango Salsa Atop a Beef Tartare
The beef and rice in this tartare will fill you up and the mango salsa is a nice refreshing kick that keeps things light.
Here are all the delicious ingredients:
- Sushi Rice.
- Ground Vegan Beef.
To mold the tartare, make sure to use this TARTARE MOLD from Amazon.
Appetizer and a Main Dish
My favorite part about this dish is one, it is so fun to cook for a large group. Two, it is so easy to make so I eat it as a quick lunch all the time. It’s extremely satisfying yet I always feel so light after eating it. I typically eat two as a main dish and one as an appetizer.
Mango Salsa Tartare
- 1/2 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan ground beef my favorite is from Abbot's Butcher
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped white onion can sub for 1 shallot
- 1 lime
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Make your mango salsa first. Chop up the mango, tomato, cilantro, and white onion. Toss in a bowl with the juice from 1/2 a lime. This will yield more than you'll need for the tartare so save the rest in the fridge to be used as a dip or topped atop your dinner. I love it over fried tofu with rice.
- Next cook your vegan beef. I love the brand Abbot's Butcher. Meanwhile cook your sushi rice then fluff in rice vinegar when done cooking.
- Wait until everything has cooled then assemble your tartares! Using a tartare mold (see blog post for the one I use) add in about 1/4 cup of rice and firmly press down. Press in 1/4 cup or so of vegan beef. Next add in 1/4 avocado diced and gently press down. Add the mango salsa last then top with a squeeze of lime and sea salt if desired.