This mango ginger bowl is one of my favorite go-to easy recipes. It’s an amazing meal prep option, but also works if you’re really busy and want to make yourself a quick lunch. The majority of the ingredients are raw other than the cooked jasmine rice which can easily be removed or swapped for kelp noodles.
Mango Ginger Bowl Ingredients
This bowl only has 6 main ingredients, all of which are incredibly accessible and cheap:
- Fresh mango
- Fresh sushi ginger
- Diced baby carrots
- Peeled & diced english cucumber
- Cooked jasmine rice
The only tricky option might be the fresh sushi ginger depending on where you live. Some of my favorite online options include:
This mango ginger bowl is beyond simple, minimal, and mostly raw. Some of the benefits include:
- Rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect our cells from free radicals which can diseases like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Hydrating. While drinking water to stay hydrated is essential, it can be hard to rely solely on water. Foods like cucumber are great because they’re incredibly hydrating and offer nutrients such as potassium and magnesium.
- Weight Loss. I love starchy carbs like rice because it keeps you satiated for hours. Brown or black rice are much more nutrient rich, but white rice keeps you just as full. It’s also stripped of fiber, so if you can’t handle too much fiber or are trying to cut down stick to white rice.
Mango Ginger Bowl
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 persian cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 baby carrots, diced
- fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- black sesame seeds
- diced chives
- cook jasmine rice. while it's cooking peel and dice your cucumber, dice the carrots, and dice the mango.
- add arugula to the bottom of your bowl. top with the jasmine rice, cucumber, carrots, mango, and fresh ginger.
- top with the sesame seeds and chives. combine the tamari and sesame oil and use as your dressing.