This delicious and simple Arugula Tabbouleh Salad requires minimal effort and can be ready in as little as 20 minutes. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and made with easy to find ingredients. Tabbouleh originated in Lebanon and is a staple meal due to it’s incredibly simple yet flavorful ingredients and amazing health benefits.
Tabbouleh Made Simple
This Tabbouleh Salad includes all of the basics – parsley, tomato, cucumber, tomato – and doesn’t stray too far from the original version. The original uses bulgur but I opted for a tricolor quinoa which is a bit lighter and gluten-free. I chose not to include mint, but if you’re looking for a more classic tabbouleh add in some finely chopped mint leaves.
Here are all the delicious ingredients:
- Tricolor Quinoa – made in THIS RICE COOKER
- Vegetable Broth (for the quinoa)
- Finely Chopped Parsley
- Cherry Tomatoes (cut in fourths)
- Diced Cucumber
- Drizzle Olive Oil from Graza
- Sea Salt
20 Minute Vegan Salad
Not only does this Tabbouleh Salad only take about 20 minutes to prepare, it lasts for a week in the fridge. Eat it as is, in a pita sandwich, with a dollop of hummus, or serve it as an appetizer. If you are ever in a rush and need something to bring to a potluck or dinner party, this salad is your best bet.
Health wise, this salad is packed with antioxidants and nutrients from the vegetables and herbs. The main ingredient is parsley which is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K. I love the addition of quinoa because it helps to keep you satiated. I ate this salad for lunch and felt totally satisfied until dinner!
Healthy Mediterranean Salad
I absolutely LOVE mediterranean food. It’s light, simple, flavorful, and is one of the healthiest diets in the world.
- Cook your quinoa first. I cooked mine in my rice cooker with vegetable broth and a pinch of salt.
- Chop all of your ingredients. Chop the cherry tomatoes into fourths, and dice the cucumbers.
- Add your chopped veggies into a bowl along with arugula and the cooked quinoa.
- Top with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. That’s it! Keep in the fridge for about a week.
Arugula Tabbouleh Salad
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 bunch Parley, finely chopped
- 2 Persian Cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, fourthed
- 1 cup Tricolor Quinoa
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil Drizzle, to taste
- Lemon Squeeze, to taste
- Add 1 cup of washed quinoa to a rice cooker with 2 cups of vegetable broth and a pinch of salt. Once done, let cool then fluff with a fork.
- Chop and dice your tomaotes, cucumber, and parsley. Add to a bowl along with the arugula and cooked quinoa.
- Top with sea salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve as is or with pita, naan, fresh hummus, chickpeas, vegan chick'n, etc