If you love simple Asian recipes bursting with flavor, you need to try these Vegan Asian Tacos ASAP! They are topped with crispy rock tofu and a cabbage salad made from shredded cabbage mixed in a carrot miso ginger dressing. This recipe takes under 30 minutes to prepare.
The four components that make up these delicious Asian Tacos are:
- Crispy Rock Tofu. You’ll need super firm tofu, my favorite is the High Protein Tofu from Trader Joe’s. Coat in sesame oil and corn starch and air fry for about 20 minutes. Then mix into a vegan mayo based glaze.
- Cabbage Salad. Shred a head of green cabbage and mix with my CARROT GINGER MISO DRESSING. You won’t need a lot, so keep the dressing and lettuce separate and use when needed. I recommend mixing a cup of the cabbage with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Diced Avocado. I find the easiest method is chopping your avocado in half, carefully peeling the skin, then dicing it both vertically and horizontally to form little cubes. Refrigerated avocados are best as they keep their form and make for an easier time peeling the skin.
- Sesame Seeds. These are optional, but I find the sesame seeds are the perfect finishing touch to these tacos.
Cabbage Salad with Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
This cabbage salad is so easy to make, and the flavors pair so well with the crispy rock tofu. All you need to do is shred a head of green cabbage and toss it in my CARROT GINGER MISO DRESSING. This dressing takes 10 minutes to make and lasts a week in the fridge. I recommend mixing a cup of the shredded cabbage with 1/4 cup or so of the dressing and reserving the remaining ingredients in the fridge.
Vegan Asian Tacos with Crispy Rock Tofu and Cabbage Salad
- 8 tacos I used Siete's almond flour tacos
- 1 avocado, diced
- sesame seeds
- cabbage salad Scroll up into the blog post for the recipe
Crispy Rock Tofu
- 1 block super firm tofu I use Trader Joe's super firm tofu
- sesame oil
- corn starch
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo I use Primal Kitchen's vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
Crispy Rock Tofu
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Chop tofu into even cubes and coat in sesame oil and corn starch. Use a ziploc bag to shake the tofu to make sure they're all evenly coated.
- Air fry the tofu cubes for about 20 minutes shaking the basket once halfway through. The tofu should be very crispy, but not burnt to a crisp.
- Add the remaining glaze ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Once the tofu is done, mix into the glaze.
- Heat a pan (with no oil) then warm each side of your tortilla for about 10 seconds on each side. I use Siete brand tortillas, the instructions may vary depending what tortillas you use
- In your tortilla add the cabbage salad first, then the diced avocado, and about 3-4 crispy rock tofu cubes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.