These fritters couldn’t be easier – they only require three ingredients! I love fritters because you can mix and match however you want – I added dried basil and Trader Joe’s Chickenless seasoning, but feel free to swap them out for any other herbs / seasoning. These fritters are perfect as an appetizer or as a topper on a salad.
Three Key Ingredients
The key ingredients in these fritters are zucchinis, quinoa, and hearts of palm. The hearts of palm make it similar to my CRAB CAKES recipe – you can absolutely remove the hearts of palm or replace them with corn, carrots, etc. Feel free to be creative! For the gluten-free flour, I used TRADER JOE’S ALL-PURPOSE GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR. If you don’t have a TJ’s near you, alternatives that work include chickpea flour, oat flour, quinoa flour, or rice flour.
Creamy Mustard Sauce
The key to these fritters (and any fritters) is finding the perfect sauce. All I used for this sauce was whole grain mustard and VEGAN MAYO – as always, mix it up and get creative with flavors.
Zucchini & Quinoa Fritters
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cans hearts of palm
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe's chickenless seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- add flax ingredients into a small dish and set aside.
- wash quinoa and cook in the water and vegetable broth. once complete, let cool then add to a large mixing bowl.
- dice zucchinis and pulse in your food processor a few times - make sure not to over pulse. add to the large mixing bowl.
- drain and rinse hearts of palm and pulse in your food processor making sure not to over pulse. add to the large mixing bowl.
- add flax eggs, gf flour, chickenless seasoning, basil, salt, and pepper into your mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are fully combined.
- lay down parchment paper on a large baking tray. use an ice cream scooper to place mixture throughout your baking tray and gently flatten each ball with your hands. bake for 30 minutes, flip, then cook for another 30 minutes. let cool & serve!