Your newest obsession – vibrant cauliflower steak that bursts with flavor! We paired these colorful steaks with a spicy Chimichurri sauce, pomegranate seeds, and colorful fingerling potatoes. Not only is this dish tasty, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Eat the Rainbow
I love vibrant foods because:
- Colorful foods contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – a colorful plate is a balanced, nutrient dense plate
- Adding color into our diet helps to protect us from disease – this dish in particular is rich in antioxidants that help prevent heart disease and cardiovascular disease
- It’ll ensure your plate is balanced – most colorful foods are fruits and vegetables which are lowest in calories and highest in nutrients
Cauliflower Steak Hacks
Believe it or not, the tie-dye effect you see these on these steaks was totally unintentional. We used purple cauliflower and steamed it for 10 min before putting it in the oven to bring out that vibrant blue. I always steam the cauliflower before baking it as it helps crisp the outside while tenderizing the tough part of the cauliflower. Try this recipe with an orange cauliflower and you’ll get the same tie-dye effect with vibrant oranges and yellows.
Perfect for Kids + Adults!
This is a super fun way to get filled up with veggies – if you have kids they’ll love how pretty their plate looks. To make this meal more kid-friendly, forgo the red pepper flakes in the chimichurri sauce so it’s not as spicy.
This ultra-flavorful chimichurri sauce makes the dish, especially paired with the pomegranate seeds. The bulk of the sauce is the herbs – parsley, cilantro, and oregano are filled with vitamins and cancer-preventing antioxidants. Oregano in particular is a natural antibiotic – anytime I don’t feel well or feel a cough/cold coming on, I take a shot of oregano to encourage a detoxification process in my body and tp kill any germs or bad bacteria.
Tie Dye Cauli Steak w/ Spicy Chimichurri
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranete seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- blend chimichurri ingredients in a blender - do this before starting the cauliflower to give the flavors some time to marinate
- steam whole head of cauliflower for 12-14 min - make sure the cauliflower is standing upright. you can chop off a bit of the stem if you have to but don’t take off to much as you’ll have a tougher time cutting the cauliflower into steak form. while cauli is steaming set your oven to 400 degrees
- once steamed, carefully cut cauliflower into steak shapes. It’s tricky so if it does fall apart, don’t worry - it’ll taste the same!
- brush avocado oil onto steaks, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 15 min or so on each side - if you want them crispier, keep them in longer!
- you can add whatever side you want but we went with fingerling potatoes - simply chop them into “fries” and bake for 20-30 min flipping halfway through. sprinkle with cajun seasoning or lemon & sea salt
- plate the cauli steaks with a scoop of chimichurri and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. voila!