This Strawberry Rose Cake is perfect for springtime. The flavor combinations are light, refreshing, and floral. I love enjoying it for breakfast paired with a hot cup of coffee☕️
Strawberry, Rose, & Chickpeas
The stars of this cake are the —
🍓FREEZE DRIED STRAWBERRIES. I could have used regular, wet strawberries, but I wanted this cake to feel light, not too rich and decadent. Plus, the chickpeas provide enough richness for my taste bud.
🌹CASHEWS. As delicious as this cake would be on it’s own, the light, airy cashew cream adds a magic touch.
⚡️CHICKPEAS. The chickpeas are rich, again why I opted for freeze dried strawberries. The use of chickpeas in baked goods is fairly new to me (to be honest, baking in general is fairly new to me) and I am obsessed with the benefits and texture they bring.
Floral Cashew Cream
Rose is a refreshing, light ingredient that somehow subtly overtakes it’s dish – kinda like truffle oil, but not as aggressive. I only added 1 tbsp here – any less and the flavor is too muted & hard to grasp. You can certainly add more, just move 1 tsp at a time so it doesn’t completely overtake the cake. The cashews are essentially flavorless as well is the beet powder, so the rose really stands out. Plus, the cake itself uses freeze dried strawberries which have a fairly muted flavor themselves, so this cream really sets the tone. You can always forgo this step, but I love the springtime element it brings.
Strawberry Rose Cake
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup golden monkfruit
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 4 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
Cashew Rose Cream
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 2 tbsp beet powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- rose petals
- coconut flakes
- sliced strawberries
- vegan powdered sugar
Cashew Rose Cream
- add all ingredients to a blender. blend until super creamy - gradually add the water and adjust depending on consistency
- you will have plenty of extra cream which you can store in an airtight container in the fridge. enjoy for another baked good or with fruit.
- set oven to 350 degrees. add flax egg ingredients in a small dish, mix to combine, and set aside
- in a blender, combine drained & rinsed chickpeas, (save the aquafaba, the liquid that comes in the can of chickpeas. trust me, it’ll come in handy) agave, almond butter, freeze dried strawberries, and flax eggs after they’ve been sitting out for a few minutes. blend until combined - it doesn’t have to be perfect, little chunks are fine as long as you scrape the sides of the blender a couple times
- transfer blender contents to a jar and add in the remaining cake ingredients. add to a greased small cake pan and put in the oven for 30 min
- spread a layer of cashew cream on top of the cake and sprinkle with coconut flakes, rose petals, and vegan powdered sugar. feel free to add any additional toppings, sliced strawberries would be great🍓