Elevate your workout with an oxygenating + hydrating beet juice.
Watermelon + Beets
Whether you’re looking to get more out of your workout, hydrate your body, or boost your iron levels, this hydrating beet juice has so many benefits. Watermelon supplements the beets perfectly because it:
- Hydrates your body. Making sure you get enough water throughout the day is the most important aspects of your overall health.
- Reduces muscle recovery time. Anytime I drink this juice before a workout, I notice the difference in my recovery time & performance during the workout.
The Power of Beets
Beets are my superfood & have truly transformed my health. I can’t recommend them enough before a workout – I notice an overall improvement in performance due to the improved blood & oxygen flow. Think better endurance & lung capacity! They also speed up recovery time & may help with inflammation.
I love adding cold-pressed juice into a whole foods, plant-based diet. One glass of juice can be packed with up to 5 pounds of produce! It is extremely difficult to sit down and eat 5 pounds of produce, and cold-pressing them into a glass is much more realistic. We still get all the same nutrients minus the fiber, but save the pulp and use that fiber in a veggie burger or baked goods.
Hydrating Beet Juice
- 1/2 watermelon
- 3 beets
- chop watermelon in 1/2 and remove outer shell. dice watermelon into cubes and put into a bowl
- wash & chop beets into small cubes - make sure the cubes aren’t too big, they are very hard and may damage or get stuck in your juicer
- juice all beets first. remove the pulp and store in an airtight container in the fridge - you can use them to create beet burgers or veggie fritters
- I strain my juice through a mesh strainer before adding to glasses to make sure I remove the foam or any pulp that could have made it’s way through the juicer. consume no more than 5 days after making & enjoy!